Rapid Response Xylazine Test Strip (Liquid / Powder)
Product InformationProduct Code: XYL-18S2-100 & XYL-18S2-10
Sample: Liquid / Powder
Quantity: 10 or 100 Tests/Kit
Time to result: 60 seconds*
Storage Condition: 2-30°C/36-86°F
Test Principle: Lateral Flow Immunoassay
Product DescriptionWARNING: THIS TEST DOES NOT EVALUATE DRUG SAFETY OR PURITY
The Rapid ResponseTM Xylazine Test Strip (Liquid / Powder) is a rapid visual immunoassay for the qualitative, presumptive detection of xylazine in suspicious substances (liquids or powders) at the cut-off concentration of 1000 ng/mL.
Xylazine is a non-opioid tranquilizer used as a sedative, analgesic, and muscle relaxant in animals such as horses and cattle,. In recent years, xylazine has emerged as an adulterant in recreational drugs such as heroin. Combining xylazine with other drugs that cause central nervous system depression compounds the sedative effects and can increase the risk of overdose and death.
- Built in procedural control on every strip
- Results interpretation printed directly on the pouch
- Individually packed strips for easy distribution
* A negative result can be interpreted as soon as both the test (T) and control (C) lines appear. A positive result can be interpreted once the control line has appeared and the background has cleared to white, typically by 60 seconds. Do not read results after 10 minutes.
 GREENE, S.A. and THURMON, J.C. (1988), Xylazine – a review of its pharmacology and use in veterinary medicine. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 11: 295-313.
 Reyes, J.C., Negrón, J.L., Colón, H.M. et al. The Emerging of Xylazine as a New Drug of Abuse and its Health Consequences among Drug Users in Puerto Rico. J Urban Health 89, 519–526 (2012).
 Baselt RC. Disposition of Toxic Drugs and Chemicals in Man. 2nd ed. Davis: Biomedical Publications; 1982.
- The test device is NOT intended to determine the purity, composition, or if the substance being examined is safe to use.
- A positive or negative test result is NOT an indication that the substance being examined is safe to use. Many factors come into play when examining the samples, including but not limited to mixture of multiple substances, solubility, and pH of the sample.
- BTNX Inc. does not encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way. The device is intended for harm reduction purposes. Follow the advice of your local harm reduction or public health agency.
- Not for testing Cocaine.
- There is a possibility that technical or procedural errors as well as other substances and factors may interfere with the Rapid ResponseTM Xylazine Test Strip (Liquid / Powder) and cause false results.
- A positive result indicates the presence of xylazine only and does not indicate quantity.
- A negative result does not at any time rule out the presence of xylazine, as they may be present below the minimum detection level of the test.